The entertainment and media industries are regulated by numerous laws and rulings that have been transformed over the years. At the same time, the incredible pace of development of new technologies and new participants in the industry – such as video gaming and social media – has led to unique legal challenges. Experience in the industries and creative solutions are critical to success.
Le & Tran’s growing reputation as a leading firm for complex media and entertainment transactions and disputes is based on our in-depth industry knowledge, deep experience, and methodology of approaching every transaction and dispute with diligence, perspective, and innovation. The Firm takes pride in its understanding of the rapidly developing media and entertainment industry in the South East Asian region, assisting clients to develop, finance, distribute, and license media as well as protecting their legitimate rights when they are challenged. Le & Tran offer clients hands on, practical knowledge of complex distribution and licensing agreements, financing, joint ventures and strategic alliances, and mergers and acquisitions.
Le & Tran lawyers are prepared to enable and defend their clients’ interests in court or arbitration in high-stakes litigation in the field of entertainment and media covering numerous areas, including:
- Appropriation or theft of intellectual property and licensing
- Breach of contract and financing
- Content creation, financing, production, distribution, and exhibition
- Copyright, idea submission, and implied-in-fact contracts
- Crisis and reputation management
- Defamation and right of publicity, including name-and-likeness rights
- Participations and royalties
- Patents and trade secrets
- Personal service contracts, including executive and employee mobility claims
- Trademark, trade dress, and antipiracy
- Unfair competition and false advertising