Evidence in Commercial Dispute Resolution
January 02, 2018 Events
When entering into any commercial transaction, the parties always expect its smooth implementation and the lucrative benefits. However, there can be practical factors affecting the implementation of the transaction and leading to the potential dispute to which the relevant evidence standing for the position of each party is the key to win.
Understanding how the evidence works under the Vietnamese law shall help you know and prevent the contractual risks or promptly settle arose dispute amicably without any litigation or ultimately prepare a good litigation strategy at court or arbitration in case litigation is unavoidable.
Please download our presentation file for your understanding on:
• Key rules on evidence
• Electronic evidence (emails, scanned documents, electronic signatures, etc.)
• The competence and compellability of witnesses
• Evidence obtained by unlawful or unfair means
• Inferences from silence
• Opinion evidence (non-expert opinion evidence and expert opinion evidence)
• Privilege (confidential communications)
– Written by LE & TRAN | Vietnam’s Premier Boutique Litigation Firm
Below are some pictures taken at the event: