Benjamin is the Senior Associate of Le & Tran. With years of extensive experience, Benjamin has an impressive litigation and arbitration background, a wealth of knowledge, and a deep understanding of how Vietnam’s legal system, courts, and authorities operate. Benjamin’s current main practice areas are commercial disputes, litigation, enforcement, and advisory matters.
Benjamin’s provides client’s with creative and unique solutions in dealing with the grey areas of Vietnamese law in this evolving legal landscape.
- Litigation in court and arbitration
- Laws on company, investment, commerce, construction, and labor
- Judgment enforcement
- Represented a Japanese development owner in a USD1,400,000 lawsuit with a Vietnamese construction company regarding the dispute over the quality and completion timeline of the project.
- Represented a former Deputy CEO/Head of the SME Division of a Vietnamese bank whose employment was illegally terminated. The disputed value is around USD3,800,000.
- Represented a British architecture firm in a lawsuit against a state-owned bank regarding preventing the bank’s effort to set aside an arbitral award; then successfully enforced such arbitral award. The disputed value is around USD150,000.
- Representing a French logistic company in a dispute with a Vietnamese transportation services company to claim damages arising from the Vietnamese company’s breaches of the obligation under the contracts. The claim values around USD5,300,000.
- Representing a French logistic company that has a USD6,500,000 dispute with a Vietnamese transportation services company to claim damages arising out of the illegal withdrawal of the offer.
- Representing a Japanese company in a USD2,600,000 dispute with a Vietnamese company regarding the breach of the Vietnamese company by delivering non-conforming goods.
- Representing a Chinese company in pursuing contractual remedies by filing an arbitration lawsuit against a Vietnamese factory company relating to non-delivery goods. The claim values around USD270,000.
- Representing a multinational milk company in a dispute against its Vietnamese distributor and successfully defending the client from a groundless claim for compensation. The claim values around USD600,000.
- Representing a Head of the marketing department of an e-commerce company whose employment was illegally terminated by such company. The disputed value is around USD300,000.
- Representing a Vietnamese client in a high-profile divorce case for dividing matrimonial assets and resolving shareholders’ disputes. The disputed value is around USD1,500,000.
- Representing an Australian client in a high-profile divorce case for dividing matrimonial assets and resolving shareholders’ disputes. The disputed value is around USD3,000,000.
- Representing an Italian investor who has a USD3,000,000 dispute with a Hongkong Company relating to a share transfer dispute in a Vietnamese company.
- Representing a Japanese company that wanted to initiate a bankruptcy case against a Vietnamese company. The value is around USD170,000.
- Bachelor – Ho Chi Minh University of Law
- Bachelor – Ho Chi Minh of Economics, Corporate Finance